Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A (self-written) Poem, I kind of ran out of books...

Where the Sunlight Seeks the Star -

Where the sparkling silver sunlight seeks the midnight star
there is a place where no one ever ventures very far
the hopes and dreams of yesteryear alive and come to play
and crimson dust from fairy tales falls smoother than the spray
of little magic waterfalls that captivate the eye
with pictures sweet and sour on which you can rely


That sparkling silver sunlight and vivid waterfall
reflect the deepest wishes that in our hearts do call
they show us fears and happy times that might just lie ahead
screams and smiles, one and all, both happiness and dread
for every drop of silver magic falling from its place
a memory of life before that second now erased


The trails of tales lie there like a twisted crimson snake
beckoning to the wanderer with each glinting blood red flake
circle after circle, if you follow, will you go
entangled in the promise of a new and different show
the sirens call 'Adventure!' and the lonely always flock
and from inside the crimson flakes the sirens count their stock


The journey to this place is strange and almost like a dream
with boats made out of flowers and a pixie rowing team
crocodiles float beneath the water's icy edge
and face seem to stare at you and whisper low a pledge
if only you could hear the things they try to say to you
maybe then you would know that they were once you too


There is no exit from this world of fairy tales and fear
only little voices all still talking in your ear
years will pass and you may find a shred of hope still there
it won't be long till all you do is sit around and stare
then you move to sit down at the bottom of the lake
and watch the new recruits arrive, deaf to pleas you make

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, I really loved this poem - the imagery was gorgeous! You did an excellent job! And I loved the alliteration too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love writing poems (I love writing stories too, but poems are much shorter...and you get to rhyme! yay!) And my last Lit teacher worked quite hard to make sure we *knew* all the literary devices and how to use them, but I think I was the only one who tried to use them in my own things. Oh well, and I <3 alliterations : ) So fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I decided to make another blog to post my poems/short stories..etc : )
    http://workforcookies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I will check your other blog out. I love to read and write poems too! (Alliterations are one of the best parts!) I am actually writing one based on Dante's Inferno for my World Lit class. (We get to put a character from ancient literature in hell! Hmm...)

    ReplyDelete